Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Am I Blue, Too? 10-6-12


I must look overwhelmed. My friend, G, who had survived the recent trip to my aunt’s with Boop and me invited me to see the Blue Man group recently. It was a little awkward as she had given me the opportunity to order tickets with her for the season during the summer, and I had declined. At the time, it just felt so overwhelming to try to do anything outside of the house. Fortunately, since that time, Boop has been doing so much better.
Boop trying to nap at the Orthopedist's office
To be honest, I wasn’t sure I should go. I emailed my mom, and she said that she would watch Boop and that I should go. So, I took advantage of the ticket. Fortunately, I responded affirmatively before someone else in the office found out about the ticket, as they weren’t able to get tickets.

I tried to get the house reasonably clean, still terribly cluttered, but reasonably clean. And I tried to cook something. That way, Mom could eat what she wanted while taking care of Boop, and G could grab a bite if she wanted it. I made a decent veggie soup in the crock pot. Not a very big deal, I guess, but it was something that Boop let me get it done. I hadn’t really cooked since I had Boop and had wondered if it were even possible.

And so G came by to get me. She really didn’t know much about the Blue Man group, but it didn’t take long before we were up shakin’ our groove thing. One of our co-workers went with his teenage daughters. I asked if he got up and danced, and he said, ‘Of course.’ I was watching his teenage daughter out of the corner of my eye; she had that faint look of mortification and of a strong desire to run. And I couldn’t help but think of Boop as a teenager: what delicious things can I do to make her want to disown me? All in all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment