Friday, October 19, 2012

Wired. 10-9-12


My mind is humming, and I can’t go to sleep. I’m exhausted. I’m feeling a bit moody. Winnie got up 3 times last night to go to potty outside. Although I’m glad she didn’t use the floor as her toilet, I do wish she could hold it a bit longer. And then on top of that, Boop still wants to nurse every hour or two at night. Then, she starts to cluster feed starting about 4am.

And work is intense. I have a talk at a conference on Friday, leading 2 classes per week, a grant due. Other reviews and such are hanging out there to be done. Then, tonight I got a couple of work emails about things going awry. I’m so thankful that my helper came over to babysit for a couple of hours. I was able to get some of my reading done for class tomorrow, even though it was a bit noisy hanging around. I feel a bit stuck.

It freaked me out that when I went to the daycare to nurse Boop at lunch, that it took me a minute to realize that she was sitting right in front me. Goodness, don’t I recognize my own child? She seems to be doing okay in spite of my stress. I should take consolation in that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment