Thursday, October 25, 2012

Down on the Farm. 10-17-12


Poor Boop was having such a rough morning. She couldn’t stay down for her nap. I had a million things to do to get ready. I wasn’t having much luck with some type of cookie or goodie to exchange. When you’re lactose intolerant, you always have to be wary of these sorts of events, or else be prepared to be sick. A doesn’t eat wheat—not sure if it’s Celiac’s disease, wheat allergy or just preference—so she wasn’t planning to make cookies. I should have done the same. I found a cute, Halloweeny cookie recipes for Monster’s Toes and bhg.com. They weren’t classically ‘good’ or ‘edible’ in the traditional sense, but they were festive. I thought they would be cute for kids, but of course, it was mostly a baby event. I got humus and carrots and pita to take as a snack, but it was so late by the time we got there that most folks had already eaten.

Boop was doing much better by the time we got there. I reclined her in her car seat, and she slept most of the way to S’s farm, a nice 45 min. nap. The colors were awesome on the drive;  I love this time of the year. When we got there, we toured around to see the new additions: more chickens and ducks, a new calf and another horse.  The horse let Boop touch his nose, which cracked Boop up!  Then, Boop went to play in the corn. Such a clever idea: they used corn instead of sand for the little ones to play in. Boop mostly just wanted to chew on the wooden spoon, though. After a while, we went on a hayride, and I wound up with Boop on one knee and a 2 year old girl, on the other. After looking around, I guessed her mommy wasn’t able to join us, but I had an extra knee.
Boop playing in the corn. She went as Tigger, but it was too warm by the  afternoon.

Before heading out, I tried some of the kombucha. I didn’t realize it was made with tea. I was concerned that the caffeine might pose problems, but after watching Boop sleep all of the way home, I figured we were okay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment