Sunday, October 28, 2012

New Kitchen. 10-18-12


Well, my kitchen is near being complete after a couple of years. A friend of A’s at work told me about her friend that does odd jobs. Mainly, I needed the trim work done. The trim I want for around my counters is in a different state; so that needs to be done, but otherwise, the trim is almost done. I’m going to need to caulk and paint/repaint some, and install the door knobs. I was concerned about Boop and the pantry. I was just imagining a can of corn falling on her head. The work wasn’t without a few bumps in the road. The contractor had decided that I wanted folding doors, which I definitely didn’t want. The original person who did the work had offered to put them in for free, but I knew I didn’t want those. Now especially with the baby, I was imagining her fingers getting squished and pinched.

This was all happening in the backdrop of trying to get my grant out. It finally went in to the university on Thursday. I still have a few minor things left to do, but I’ve met my deadlines. It’s due at the agency on the 25th. All told, I think I got 8 or 10 hours of sleep in the last 3 nights before the grant was due. Fortunately, I was able to find sitters to help me out. Now, I’m just trying to get caught up on my other work and stuff around the house. There’s still some trim work in the kitchen; so I’ll wait till then before trying to wrap up.

And then, there was another kitchen I needed to worry about: Boop’s. I was thinking I would get her a kitchen NEXT Christmas, but someone had one for sale on a Facebook mommy group. It was a decent price, local, and easy—except that I was trying to coordinate it in the midst of grant and remodeling. The woman delivered it to my house. I don’t know whether I should cover it with a sheet to ‘hide’ it from her. She can’t exactly use it, yet. She can’t even stand up, but it’s coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment