Friday, January 13, 2012

A First Time for Everything, Part II. 1-7-12

So 1st baby doll was high on my priority list for Boop. B, a friend at work that just had a little boy, apparently had a whole list of things that she wanted as 1st for her little E. She had planned to get E’s 1st sunrise, which was nearly squelched by her C-section, but her husband was able to get the shot. I don’t know if I will make the effort, and it really wasn’t on my radar. And my aunt S had talked to my Mom about something for the hospital, baby’s first outfit or pajamas for me. I’m not too worried about pajamas that I will only wear once or twice for me. But I have put a bit of thought into Boop’s attire, which brings me to a phone call last night.
My great aunt, M, is continuing to have trouble. And I thought I would check in with my Grandma’s other sister, great aunt R and uncle J, the people who gave me my first doll. R had a terrible aneurysm a few years back, and we didn’t think she would make it. She’s pulled through and has improved in leaps and bounds, but she still has trouble with time and finding words. But her personality hasn’t changed much; so I have a pretty good idea of what she means.
And so she also wanted to know what the baby was going to wear at the hospital. And I was trying to explain to her that my great aunt, A, on my dad’s side had recently passed away, and I was planning to dress Boop in the outfit that A had given her. Only, she jumped in when I was talking about A passing away and told me not to think about that—not wanting me to be stressed. But then she understood that I was planning for Boop to wear the outfit that A gave me. So, she is planning to talk to my mom about something else to get the baby. Not sure what she will come up with J

No comments:

Post a Comment