Monday, January 30, 2012

Lil’ Miss Muffet. 1-29-12

Bottle feeding is taking its toll. I miss just being able to have instant food for my little Boop. She misses it, too, I know. I haven’t had enough time to pump like I want to. When I do pump, I find that I’m able to produce a fair bit. I was so happy that after pumping I had enough for a 2 oz feeding. I put it in a bottle, and she started to take it. She would suck and cry, suck and cry. I couldn’t figure out what was going on. I kept looking at the ounces, but it didn’t look like any was being removed. Then, I checked the nipple. It didn’t look like anything was coming out.
So, we switched nipples. I sat down with her to have the bottle, and she went after it. After she had an ounce, I put her face above my shoulder to burp her. Mind you, a few days ago, Mom had told me that I should put something on my shoulder in case she spat up. I had done it for a while, but she had never had any problem. You can guess what happened next. Yep, she lost most of those 2 ounces. There were curds all over me and her. I’m sure there are still some in my hair. Boop is my little yogurt factory, apparently. It could have smelled much, much worse.
Bib or blanket? Too bad I didn't have this on when she was making yogurt!
Other than that, she’s been sleeping a fair bit. I hope that’s more newborn sleeping pattern, rather than the jaundice. So far, my friend, G, and my neighbor, K, have stopped by. Boop hardly moved a muscle. I just hope that the jaundice isn’t getting worse. We will have another check tomorrow to see if she’s gained weight and probably about the status of her jaundice. It’s supposed to start snowing soon; I hope the roads are decent to go to the pediatrician.

No comments:

Post a Comment