Saturday, January 7, 2012

Taking Stock at Week 37. 1-2-12

Here’s what’s happening at Week 37:
  • I can’t believe we’ve made it to full-term. Last week was a little rough, not one that I want to repeat. It had some feel of those early days of my pregnancy and trips to the ER, but thankfully, Boop is big enough now that she should be able to make it. Every day, her likelihood of complications decreases, but at this point, the decrease is slight.
  • According to the websites, Boop should be about 19 in. and weigh about 6.5 lbs. Six and a half pounds—that’s pretty funny! Hopefully, they’ll be able to give me a better estimate during the ultrasound today. One of the pregnancy sites encourages use of stairs to help prepare for labor. It makes sense, but I’m a little concerned that, should I trip and fall, the results could be very, very bad. So, I’m trying to make the trip on an as-needed basis only.
  • My psoriasis is flaring up. I’m really noticing it in my ears. I can stick it out. As to my joints, it’s unclear if that’s just late pregnancy or psoriasis. Maybe I’ll feel better if I get a haircut. I’ve only had one during my pregnancy that I can remember. It will be hard to do much after bringing Boop home.
  • I’m still awaiting the PDF for the dressing/diaper changing table. There’s no way I could put it together otherwise. Well, I guess I could, but I would need to put it together and take it apart multiple times to get everything to fit. No luck on finding the instructions online. I emailed the company; hopefully, they’ll respond tomorrow. I still need to figure out how to install the car seat. The fireman made a good attempt, but he couldn’t get it secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment