Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Still Moving. 1-15-12

I needed to get out after spending the day cooped up on Friday. I had planned to ask my helper to make a stop at the grocery on her way over, but my grocery list seemed to keep growing. And I had been wanting pizza for a while. Fortunately, the roads were clear, most of the snow had blown off my car, and the sun was out. So I ventured out to get stocked up on food before the baby. This seems like a common theme. I hurry up to wait. I have no idea what to expect when Boop gets here, except to be tired and to be totally focused on her.
When my helper came, I kicked into high gear, about as high a gear as I get these days. I was thinking that all the activity would stimulate labor. Obviously, I’m writing this; so that didn’t happen. I got all of the decorations off of the tree, and my helper took the tree to the road and cleaned up all of the pine needles. She got the sheds straightened up a bit, and after I got the Christmas boxes packed, she took them out to the shed. We put together the diaper changing table; so hopefully, I can get more things rearranged in the nursery. I still need to figure out what to do about the cloth diapers, as I don’t want Winnie to get into them.

So, I had a fair number of pretty strong contractions last night. When I finally settled down, they went away. Boop has been moving around and kicking a fair bit. She may be having hiccups at the moment, as I can feel that rhythmic pulse of my abdomen. She’s hanging tough in spite of me trying to encourage her to come on out. Countdown to ultrasound delivery date: 4 days. However, I bet the midwives won’t consider anything until my original due date of January 23rd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment