Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Friday, the 13th/AKA Not Today. 1-13-12

I was talking to A, at work, yesterday. She noted the fact that tomorrow <today> would be Friday, the 13th. She was hoping that I had the baby yesterday, for good measure. I would have rather, too. However, I was trying to put a good spin on it by saying that in some cultures ‘13’ is a lucky number. I was trying to convince myself, too. Then, I was telling her that the hotel in Shanghai where I stayed had a 13th Floor. Fortunately, my room was not on that floor! I think I would have had to go back down to change if it were…
It’s almost 6pm, and I may just make it through the day without going into labor! I have pretty much laid low today. About midnight, the weather started change. It hasn’t gotten above freezing today. When I got up at 3am, the ground was covered in snow, and it really hasn’t stopped snowing since. I had a 9am meeting that was cancelled, thank goodness…  So, I just decided to stay in for the day and not go to work. The roads haven’t been looking very good. I’m not anxious to get out in it. Plus, G is out of town, and K is sick. I guess I’ll have to ask the neighbors to take me to the hospital, if necessary. I don’t really want my mom to try to drive in this weather, either. Hopefully, my helper will be able to brave the elements and come tomorrow. Maybe she’ll be able to pick up a few things at the grocery for me, too. I guess I should get use to this life with Boop and me hunkering down for the winter—when she decides to make her arrival J

No comments:

Post a Comment