Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year. 12-30-11

1-1-12. Happy New Year! I hope this one brings you much happiness :) At some point, I hope the New Year will be bring me a healthy little Boop, but it's not looking like today.
12-30-11. As I was taking out the trash this morning, a black cat crossed my path. I’m relieved that Boop didn’t arrive today. And it’s looking like Boop won’t arrive until the New Year. No tax break, I guess ;) I saw a different midwife this morning. Each midwife I see has a different perspective on things, which is a bit hard to keep track of. The midwife I saw today has consistently avoided doing exams on me, which was welcomed after the week I had. I didn’t want to start bleeding again. I know I must be over 4cm. She said little Boop was fine to sit where she was, and that she could stay there for a couple more weeks. My blood pressure was lower, and I was a bit nauseous. I thought I might have picked up some sort of GI virus, but I felt a lot better after having some lunch. Maybe my blood pressure was just low.
I’m scheduled for another ultrasound on Monday and a midwife visit afterwards. One of the previous midwives said I should feel 10 movements every couple of hours. Boop has never been a very consistent mover, but she has huge bursts of energy where she wiggles, jabs, and stretches. I think she’s sleeping a fair bit, as she will move when I talk to her and rub my tummy. However, it did cause me some alarm to hear that she should be moving so frequently. The midwife today said 10 movements a day. That’s never a problem for Boop. But with the difference of opinion on movement, it will be good to see my little Boop once again, if we make it until Monday. I’m also wondering how big she is. My weight has leveled out a bit, thankfully.
I’m just going to try to chill this weekend. Maybe I’ll put her changing table together. I need to do a lot of cleaning. And I still haven’t finished sorting the remaining clothes from the last baby shower. I’ve tried to put her clothes in bins and separate them according to size. But there are so many other things to try to organize. Meanwhile, I told Mom not to worry about coming in the weekend, unless there was good reason. So, hopefully, she’ll get a bit of time to recover from her last trip here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment