Saturday, February 25, 2012

More Adventures of Boop and Winnie. 2-23-12


I was so exhausted from the 5 hour drive back home. We left on Monday instead of Sunday, due to the snow. Boop did pretty well, except as we got close to home. Turns out she had a very full diaper, bless her heart. We made it, though. When we got to the house on Monday, little Boop was still pretty upset. G looked at her and asked if Boop could smile, and lo and behold, Boop did! I was shocked.
After getting Boop in a clean diaper, I decided to try the Baby Bjorn for the first time. I’ve been a little concerned about hip dysplasia, but I decided to just put her in for a few minutes. I was able to get a fair bit of unpacking done in an hour, and she seemed happy enough.
On Tuesday, we slept and slept and slept. Then, I figured I’d give a bath another shot. I let the portable heater get the bathroom nice and warm. Then, I filled her tub. The rubber ducky temperature monitor was still reading too hot, but the water felt good to me. I figured Boop would let me know if the water was too warm ;) You guessed it, she did heaps better this time. No tears. We even got a bit of soap on this time.

My goal was to get a walk in, some sort of walk in, while the weather was decent. Even though I planned for it all day, it was 4pm before we did the deed. I switched Boop out of her ballet onsie from Mom’s Grandma Shower at work, and into her big brown bunting. Winnie was chomping at the bit and took us to the dog park, of course. I managed to get Winnie to walk the nature trail that surrounded the fenced dog area. Boop was sound asleep. After a half hour, we wrapped up our little walk. Winnie was happy but not ready for the walk to be over. If the weather holds up, maybe we’ll get another walk in this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment