Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wheels on Fire. 2-21-12


G called last Tuesday evening from CA to make plans for a trip home last Wednesday (2-15). I was so happy that Boop, Winnie, and I could hitch a ride for a trip back home to see my family. We would be arriving soon enough that Mom could drive to my aunt D’s to visit that Wednesday evening after work.

Packing, well, I really didn’t know what to pack. I asked my helper to come over to help me get ready. We must have packed 20 outfits for Boop, as Mom wanted to take Boop to have her photo professionally done. I figured I’d let Mom pick the outfit(s); so that she would be happy with the photo—or at least she couldn’t blame me if they didn’t turn out well ;) I packed some cloth diapers but mostly disposable. I packed my pump, even though I figured I wouldn’t have time. I packed Winnie’s bag as usual. We were going to be gone for 4 days, but maybe I packed for 40? Of course, I forgot one very important thing: my cell phone.


G was so patient with us. She loaded all of those bags into her car, and persisted through Boop’s tears. I had prepared myself for the worst during our 5 hour trip, but Boop did as well as could be expected of a 1 month old. Winnie was happy to have my lap. Boop did not like being in the car seat and wailed, but fell asleep after a while. When I arrived, my mom was waiting at Aunt D’s. God love Aunt D, she mentioned that I had never really told her for sure that I was coming. She didn’t know anything until Mom arrived. Mom hadn’t mentioned anything either.  She was happy to see us though. Mom and D took over holding duty to give me a little break, and Boop and I crashed on the futon soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment