Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Taking Stock after Boop’s Week 2. 1-31-12

Here’s what’s happening at 2 weeks old:
  • Boop’s bilirubin is starting to lower. The week in the hospital and follow-up were tough to manage, but it looks like we’re through the worst of it. Boop still has some pretty good horns, but the pediatrician said they would get worse before getting better. At the pediatrician, when we undressed her, Boop threw a fit, and the pediatrician was a bit concerned about Boop’s heart rate. She couldn’t get a count. Hopefully, this is just a fluke. Thankfully, Boop is getting a bit better about diaper changes, but I wonder if there is an underlying heart problem.
What a shiner! I wish it would go away.
  • Winnie has stopped her crazy barking when the baby cries, thankfully. She wants to go outside as soon as Boop and I are settled into nursing. Overall, she seems to be managing, though.
  • I’m transitioning back to more breast feeding. The lactation tea seemed to help increase my production, but I had a wee rash and a tickle in my throat. Maybe it’s a touch of a cold, rather than being an allergic reaction to the tea—maybe ragweed exposure. I might see if I can find an English one where they don’t have ragweed.
  • As to me, my hair is beginning to fall out, which is a bummer. The stitches seem to be bothering me a bit less, and I can sit and rest a little easier. I’ve lost about half of my pregnancy weight, which means I have about 25 lbs <YIKES> to go. Brushing my teeth isn’t as nausea-provoking, and I’m starting to enjoy tea a bit more. I’m starting to get used to hair caked with formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment