Thursday, February 2, 2012

Time. 1-31-12

It just takes time, I remind myself. Everything takes more time than I thought. I did not expect the recovery from jaundice to take so long; I didn’t think I would have so much trouble nursing; I thought Boop had already passed her meconium, but I was surprised to see it several days later; I figured Boop would be growing and adding weight like gang-busters, but we’re fighting for every ounce. We’re still #26 on the wait list for the daycare I want.
And then there’s the time that it takes to get out of the house. I was trying to go meet with the lactation consultant at 1pm. Of course, that didn’t happen. I nursed Boop a bit so that she would have a little something in her stomach for the trip. She calmed right down, until we were ready to leave, and then, she let me know she was hungry. We had to stop for a bottle. At almost 1pm, I was trying to get out the door. Then, I saw 3 packages. I stopped to open them as I needed supplemental nursing system and the Milkmakers cookies for the lactation consultant visit. My milk production has increased a bit, but it wasn’t enough to keep Boop from screaming in hunger in traffic on the car ride home.
A gift from C. I can only aspire to Boop's coolness in the zapatos!
So far, I’ve been managing on my own, for the most part. People call and email me offering to help, for which I’m very grateful, but most times, I really don’t know what to say. I think of things I need as I’m doing them, but that doesn’t help much. Hopefully, as Boop’s times between feedings increase, our available time will increase, and I can think a bit ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment