Thursday, February 9, 2012

Taking Stock after Boop’s Week 3. 2-8-12

Here’s what’s happening at 3 weeks old:
  • Perhaps we should have a skull and crossbones outside the house due to all of our illness. I’m looking forward to the time when Boop and I have an entire week where we aren’t sick. Hopefully, we’ll get a good report at the pediatrician tomorrow. Eyes on the prize: it won’t be long until I can get a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Pacing the floor...
  • The swelling on her head has gone down a bit since last week, but the side with the vacuum extraction feels strange. Rather than puffy, that knot feels hard. I also want to check on the heart rate. Hopefully, they can get an accurate count this time.
  • Has it been that long, seriously? Seriously. Boop has wanted to be held constantly, likely due to her cold. I was hoping to get a shower last night, but this morning, I knew it had to happen. I emailed U to see if she could hold Boop for a half hour, and she came over before going to work. In the shower, I remembered that I hadn’t washed my hair since I had it cut, which was—SATURDAY!
  • We’re still working on feeding issues. I’d love to get rid of the formula, but she still needs supplementation. Although I feel like I’m providing more for Boop when nursing, I know it’s still not enough. At least maybe I can keep her from needing more supplementation as she gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment