Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Left Behind. 8-20-12

It's the first day of classes. The cars on the roads are hardly moving. Not quite Chicago traffic, but bad nonetheless. The halls are full of the bustle of students. I'm frantically trying to plan for teaching in the coming semester. Fortunately, I have a few folks willing to entertain the troops to give me a little break and to make things a little less boring for the students.
Grandma brought more clothes...
I got the hat when I was pregnant.
My focus is off. I went to the daycare at lunch to nurse Boop as usual, and her room was like a hornets' nest. Four new babies all at once does not make for a happy room. The 3 newest were screaming, screaming, screaming. It made me a nervous wreck. I nursed Boop for about a half hour and took her back in. Still screaming. I stayed there a couple of minutes, and then I turned around and took Boop back out to nurse a bit longer. We went back after about 20 min. Still screaming. I had to get back to work. As I was walking away, I had second thoughts about leaving her. I debated about taking her back to work, but then, I thought that it was just over 3 hours. And I didn't have anything for her to eat. Maybe if things are bad tomorrow, I'll just take her with me instead of nursing... 

No comments:

Post a Comment