Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sleeping in Earnest. 8-12-12

Safety Alert: Bumbos have been recalled!


Yesterday (Saturday), we got out about 9am to go to Wally World to pick up a few groceries before I met someone to sell Boop’s Moby. I decided to go ahead and get rid of it because we haven’t used it much lately. She doesn’t seem to like it as much as she used to, but I think that’s because she doesn’t have enough space to move. It was also a hassle for me. Plus, we have the Baby Bjorn now, and I bought a Kelty from my friend, M. Hopefully, we’ll get the Kelty this weekend so we can do a little hiking this fall.

Today, I thought we would piddle around the house and maybe have someone for the Closing Ceremony of the Olympics. Of course, I forgot milk and got the wrong juice for Boop yesterday; so I planned to go to the grocery today. That didn’t happen. And I only called one person to come over today, and she wasn’t feeling well. So, the day was kind of a bust. Since having the baby I really have more of a desire to spend time with grown-ups. I was feeling moody and decided I might feel better about things if I at least got dressed and took Winnie to the dog park.

Winnie was happy initially, but when I tried to quickly slip out to throw away her doggie bag, she was ready to go. So it was a lot of effort for very little dog park time. She wanted to go in with the big dogs, but I haven’t let her do that for a long time. When she goes in, the big dogs come after her, and she wants me to pick her up and get her out. Plus, I didn’t want the dogs to jump on the baby. We then headed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment