Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Scrambler. 8/21/12

There's nothing like the start of the new semester when you have to teach and don't have as much time as you would like to prepare. The syllabus is coming together much slower than I had hoped. It's also a bit tricky to figure out how to fill 3hrs of class at a shot. 

Unfortunately, we got the dregs of the class times because we had to wait until everything else was scheduled. So, I have to teach in the afternoon instead of the morning. It's later than I wanted, and somehow, I ended up with a really long day tomorrow. A meeting earlier than I normally come in, a Poverty Simulation that's really cool but just not great timing, and then class. 


I'm wondering how Boop will do with the long day. They can stay a max of 10 hrs at daycare, and she will be there more then 8 hrs. tomorrow, I think. It's the first class; so we usually end a little earlier than normal, thankfully. Also, I should have a little window of time that I can go to the daycare and nurse, which will help to break things up, I hope. There have been so many potential stressors for her with the start of school: the new babies and then I'm pulled in a million directions. I'm just trying to stay calm and keep to the routine as much as possible.

2 comments:

  1. I have to leave Moose with his sitter for 14 hours per day. I chose to use a sitter so he gets lots of attention over daycare (because of his medical needs), but I hate that it's so many hours! At least it's only 3 times a week, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could manage a sitter like that, but daycare is pretty expensive as it is. Fortunately, I'm able to go there at lunch time and nurse. Hopefully, these long days will be the exception, rather than the rule. Things should settle down soon.

      Delete