Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lipo. 8-7-12


Nursing and trying to lose pregnancy weight has been a challenge. It's no secret. I've mentioned it a few hundred times before. Same for many moms. That 50 lbs I gained during pregnancy was a surprise even to me. How does someone with hyperemesis gravidarum gain 50 lbs. during pregnancy? I was really disconcerted to still be so big after delivery. I thought Boop would account for more of that weight. All told, that must have been only about 10-15 lbs. At least I was relieved to lose 20-25 lbs that first month. I thought I should have lost more, though. I was overly optimistic about weight loss from breast feeding. And I've had med and food restrictions that have made me less mobile and less satisfied from eating. My doctor told me to give myself a year, to let my body work itself out. 


Boop has been bouncing along to this song about American tourists across the pond.

And then. And then I was happy to be within 10 lbs of my goal weight. A friend looked at me and spontaneously commented about how much weight I had lost. I was even able to get into an old swim suit, not my size 4/6 swimsuit (still a size 10), but I was feeling good about it. Mom came this weekend, after not seeing me for a few weeks. I asked if she could tell that I had lost weight. FOLKS: YOU KNOW THERE IS ONLY *ONE* ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION. She said, "Yeah, I can see it." Phew, good. Just stop there, Mom. But you know she didn't stop there. "You're going to have to have lipo to get rid of that gut, though." WHA-WHAT?!?! Okay, so #1 I guess my mom is honest about the state of my abdomen, brutally honest, to be sure. But #2, that I should go have liposuction? Here I've lost about 40 lbs. just through the courage of my own convictions, and now the only solution is lipo? She comes up with some of the craziest things some times! And they usually involve some sort of surgery. Hm. Mom, I think I'll just stick with exercise and give myself a little more time. It's not even been 7 months. It took me 9 months to get here. It will take at least 9 months to get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment