Sunday, August 12, 2012

Little Ones. 8-8-12

Sitting in the living room with her shoes on backwards...
Her head looks really big in this photo??

Darn! I forgot it again. It was Tuesday night, and Boop was completely out of antibiotic. I had to stretch her meds on Monday night, and I'm hoping I was able to finagle enough out of the bottle to give her 1.5 mL's. I go to an independent pharmacy here in town, and they don't have the best hours. They close earlier on Saturday and are completely closed on Sunday. So, with all of our running on Saturday, we forgot to call in the prescription. Sunday was out, and I remembered to call it in on Monday. I had every intention of picking it up on Monday AND on Tuesday, but it just didn't happen. The pharmacy is really close to my house and can be on my way to the daycare; so I really don't have a good excuse except being preoccupied. 

I had already changed into my pajamas, was eating dinner, and had pretty much settled in for the evening when I remembered. It was about 6pm, and I was hoping that they were open until 7pm. So, I threw on my clothes and got both of my girls in the car: "Yay! Winnie gets to GO, Winnie gets to GO!" And we made the voyage of approximately 6 blocks. 

Fortunately, they were still open, and Winnie was oh-so excited! She would have jumped into the pharmacy drive up window if I had given her enough slack. The baby was a bit fussy (I woke her when I picked her up at daycare), but she did fine. Then, the pharmacy person poked her head out of the window and said, "Would you like a treat for your little one?" My immediate thought: 'What kind of treat would you give a 6 month old baby?' But then it dawned on me what she meant. "Sure, that would be great," I responded, and she produced a dog biscuit. I'm guessing that she didn't see Boop in the back seat. Otherwise, she may just prefer dogs to people, which I certainly understand; although she's probably made the wrong career choice for that. Anyway, I had one very happy doggie, and later, one healthier Boop.

No comments:

Post a Comment