Monday, August 20, 2012

Stepping Out. 8-16-12

I've definitely been making the effort. I've been out a fair bit this week, mostly for student stuff. Tuesday there was a dinner at someone's house for the new students. I was a bit tentative about taking the baby, but she did as well as could be expected under the circumstances. First, she didn't get a good afternoon nap, which had me worried. The other obvious problem is that she hasn't had an opportunity to be around groups of people. Most of the folks at the dinner were virtually strangers for me, and having Boop there didn't make it so obvious. The student who was with me was having a hard time meeting the other students. It will take time. Boop got a bit fussy in the end; so after 2 hours, I felt comfortable leaving. She did fine while there, but the fun was just beginning. I think she cried for about 1.5 hrs. solid as I tried to get her ready for bed.
Nope, not an old photograph of me or something Photoshopped.
This is Boop

Last night was a back to school picnic at the park by my house. Unfortunately, several of the students were kept from going by a meeting; so our numbers were slim at the cook-out. This made it even harder for our new student to get the hang of things. Boop did well enough. We were able to walk over with her in her Baby Bjorn, and she sat on my leg at the picnic table. We were there about 1.5 hrs, then we headed back to the house. She did a lot better this time, with her eating at 7pm. She was conked out at 8pm, and I put her in her portable crib at that point. I may need to move her bedtime up to 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment