Saturday, March 24, 2012

Daycare Drama. 3-18-12


Sleeping Kitchen Helper (my house) #5

I thought I found someone to keep Boop for the time being. The person got a voluntary recommendation by a friend of a friend. And I do like the sitter. But this situation may not work out.

After 5-6 hours at the daycare, Boop had only used 3-4 diapers. After eating, she can go through that many diapers in an hour or so. Boop hates a wet diaper and just cries and cries until the offending diaper is gone and her dry clothes are back on <fingers crossed for early toilet training>. When I first noticed how few diapers were used, I mentioned it to the sitter. I knew she was overwhelmed last Monday (there were a few toddlers when we arrived), and I was a late addition. It’s also possible that Boop’s eating less. 

The sitter didn’t mention anything, but as we were leaving on Friday, one of the children said they would have several on Monday. Driving home, that really concerned me. G, my friend from work, and I were discussing it over St. Patrick’s Day dinner. She said there was an issue for daycare for one of our colleagues, that she couldn’t take both of her children to the same sitter because there was some sort of state regulation about the number of little ones. I came home and looked it up. Yep, they are pretty restrictive on numbers. So, I need a new game plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment