Friday, March 16, 2012

List-lessness. 3-14-12


My helper agreed to come back on Saturday evening while Mom was here. I was hoping to get trim work done, but my other helper couldn’t make it. There were plenty of other things to do on my list. There was a toddler in the news who was killed when a TV fell over on her; so I was even more anxious to get the flat panel mounted on the wall. I also wanted to get the switch plates up to cover the wires around the switches and plugs. It won’t be long until Boop is crawling.

Of course, nothing went as planned. I couldn’t find the switch covers I bought, and we couldn’t get one of the screws out of the TV stand base. Mom made a trip to get the switch covers, but they didn’t work. Fortunately, Mom was able to help us get the screw out of the TV, and we were able to get it mounted. We got the couches switched out, and I got one of the sofas ready for Habitat for Humanity. I still need to put more things together. It feels so good to decrease the amount of stuff I have in the house, but I have plenty more to do. And along with avoiding being featured on Hoarders, I guess a trip to the hardware store is in my future to get more switch covers. I didn’t get to sort papers for taxes; so that’s even higher on my list. I guess it would be worse to wind up in the pokey for tax evasion than to be on Hoarders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment