Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Taking Stock at 8 Weeks Old. 3-13-12


Squeaky Wheel
Here’s what’s happening at 8 weeks old:
Little Angel
  • Boop has a new nickname: squeaky wheel :) She sure lets us know when she needs something. She’s like a little siren when her diaper is wet. And she also lets us know she’s unhappy when that bottle comes out of her mouth. Mom and I are spoiling her. It’s very easy to do.
  • Work is plugging along. I work with surprising intensity these days. I figure that I’m away from my baby; I had better make the most of it. I need to do some reevaluating about my job, now that I have a baby to see if I can manage something with a more flexible schedule. It’s the health insurance that always gets me.
  • I haven’t made any great improvements in breastfeeding. I can tell that I’m producing a bit more, but it’s still not as much as I need. I went from 1.5 to 2 oz, after taking the fenugreek. I still haven’t decided about using breastfeeding meds. It sort of defeats the purpose of giving breast milk if it’s tainted. 
  • Boop’s head hasn’t changed much, or else, it’s so subtle that I don’t notice it. Her eyes are dark blue. When she sleeps, she opens up her hands, but when she’s stressed or angry, those thumbs are tucked well into her fists. Boop’s belly button hasn’t changed much, and I don’t think it will from here on out. Her muscle control is improving. When I tell her to move her hands when I try to feed her, she does. She also will stop sucking the bottle when I ask (after getting a quick extra swig in).

No comments:

Post a Comment