Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Strolling Along. 3-20-12


No relation to the post--just wanted to show the letter from my  peeps the Obamas (thanx  M)

So much beautiful weather: warm and sunny. And an antsy dog that is trying hard to ‘be a good girl.’ On Sunday, I decided it was time to try the stroller. We’re going to have to have it for our upcoming trip to NOLA, anyway; so, I needed to figure it out. We had used the box for something else long ago; so I was afraid the instructions were long gone. Fortunately, when I opened the stroller bag, I found the manual attached to a rail. Setting up the stroller wasn’t intuitive but manageable with instructions.

The next trick was to use it. That means I had to get stroller, attached car seat, baby and dog outside—one a bit awkward and heavy, one requiring much care, and one gunning and straining against her leash. I sat the stroller outside and then tried to manage Boop and Winnie. The shorter leash was handy <and so, to state the obvious, I have to keep Winnie on a short leash>. The short leash was a good idea in retrospect; otherwise she would have made the stroller impossible—zigzagging in front and stopping short right in front. I double checked that I had my keys. When I got to the bottom of the driveway, I realized that I forgot my camera and bags to clean up after Winnie. As for the camera, you’ll have to trust me that the tulip poplars are lovely, and the bags, Winnie had been in and out of the house all afternoon and surely had done enough of her business by now. <You know where this going.>

We wound our way around the neighborhood, not going too far in case Boop got upset or the dark clouds brought rain sooner than expected. Winnie kept jerking on her leash, but we managed. Then, we stopped at the stop sign in front of the home of Pomeranian-in-umbrella-stroller-man’s house, and Winnie went and went and went. Folks were passing by us. No bags. Boop was starting to cry. With that, we went home. Then, I got a bag, carried Boop the two blocks, and recovered Winnie’s little present.

No comments:

Post a Comment