Thursday, March 29, 2012

Monday, Monday. 3-20-12


So, with my sitter out for Monday, I needed a new game plan. There was a meeting I needed to attend; so I was trying to figure out how to manage. I emailed G to get her opinion, and she said 1 option would be to bring her in. My helper had class. I decided to go for it, Boop’s screams and all.
My assistant in deep concentration

We got to the parking lot at the bottom of the hill. When I pulled into the parking space, Boop started to wail. Wet diaper. So I changed her in my lap in the front seat. I was finished, but she kept crying. At that point, I looked in my bag. I had washed it before I left. And there it was. The pacifier. I felt like I had failed somehow, but I knew it would be better to be with me with a pacifier than without the pacifier and be in a less than ideal situation. She took it. We got upstairs. I talked to U, and we figured we’d try Boop at the seminar. On our way, we ran into M, G’s assistant, and she offered to take her. Relief. And so M kept her for the 2 hours, during which time, M gave her the nickname ‘Diva.’ I smiled and said that my mom called her the Princess. Same difference.

We managed. U took Boop while I helped the students do a video. It was nice that so many were willing to help. I don’t want to try to rely on that too much (Boop is a wee bit disruptive with her shrieks), but I appreciate that folks helped me to get some work done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment