Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Taking Stock at 7 Weeks Old. 3-6-12


Here’s what’s happening at 7 weeks old:

Boop on Boppy, one of her favorite places
  • We both have doctors’ appointments tomorrow. I have a laundry list of things to check on. I’m hoping to find something that will help with my milk supply. It’s really a shame that I’m revisiting it this late in the game. The more I read and the more I hear, there are so many things that we still haven’t explored. Tomorrow, we’re hoping to see the lactation consultant. On Thursday, I’m going to try to go to the local breastfeeding group. Maybe I’ll come up with something to boost supply before Boop heads off to daycare.
  • Still seeing very little of Boop’s thumbs. Slowly, I’m able to open her fists. It’s becoming more important with formula, as she tends to get formula in them. It took me a while to figure what she was getting into that smelled sour and was black: sour formula, blech! She gets it in the folds of her neck, too.
  • Although her eyes are blue, I thought I saw a slight brown ring, like mine. Her eyes are definitely getting darker. She has a fair number of white bumps, milia. I hope they go way soon. She doesn’t have much hair, yet, but I’m having trouble keeping up with her nails. I’m managing to keep her dry. She’s only had a tinge of diaper rash that went away fairly quickly. She’s a squeaky wheel, or more like a siren when her diaper is wet. It’s hard to believe, but she’s almost grown out of 0-3 month clothes.
  • Lately, I’ve been making every effort to be social. When we were feeling bad, it was hard to be around anyone. Winnie was hard to manage with her germs and rambunctiousness. And then Boop’s difficulty with the car seat was virtually incapacitating. I can’t say I’m back to my normal, but I am feeling better. We’re meeting more new moms, and I’m getting to spend time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment