Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Cannot Tell a Lie. 3-5-11


Sleeping Mini #3

I don’t have enough on my plate with Boop, apparently, because folks keep finding trouble for me ; ). We got the same windstorm that’s been all over the south and east coast. It didn’t do too much damage; I found my trash can across the street in the neighbor’s yard, thank goodness. And so, some folks 2 doors down had some trees trimmed, and my neighbors followed suit. Or rather, their daughter arranged to have it done while they were away.

On Thursday, I got a call from their daughter. She said that the tree trimmer required my permission to trim the branches of the tree that hung over on her parent’s property. Flashback to last spring. I had 2 trees cut out of my front yard: one was a huge, lovely silver maple that was rotten inside and if allowed to progress likely would have bashed in my roof, the other was a less lovely tree that the previous owners had planted next to the house in the middle of the front deck?? My neighbor called me over and told me I should get the dead cherry tree cut down in the back yard. He was going to give me a small portion of the cost. I was surprised as I didn’t think the tree was on my property. Before I spent that amount of money, I wanted to have a surveyor check the property line.

So when their daughter called, I recounted what happened last spring and explained that cutting off the branches on half the tree would likely cause the tree to split and damage my shed. I asked her for the tree trimmer’s number that maybe he would cut the top out of the side by me. The next thing I know I got a call from the tree trimmer. I explained the situation, and he made me a much better deal to cut down the tree. They cut it down on Friday, and when the tree trimmer came to collect he seemed surprised to see Boop. I’m just glad it’s over!

No comments:

Post a Comment