Friday, July 15, 2011

Insurance Agent. 7-6-11

I touched base with my insurance agent, mainly to see about getting life insurance. I made the appointment before my crazy weekend at the ER. However, I thought it would be good to get some estimates. It's pricey, but I know it's one of those things I have to do at my age and with my health. I also mentioned a couple of issues that have presented themselves with my neighbors. For one thing, my neighbors offered me $200 to cut down a tree that is on their property. Of course, it would be $1000+ to cut down that tree. The neighbor said that if the tree fell on my shed, I would be responsible. Nay say the insurance agent and underwriter. The neighbors would be negligent, especially since they knew it in advance.
One of the other more pressing issues is I suspect neighbors are moving stuff on my property. My insurance agent was amazed and had never heard the like. Neighbor has been moving my garbage can, and my mom suspects this is so that she can see into my kitchen to snoop. She just barged into my house one day, following my mom, to see my kitchen. The latest thing is that some shutters were moved. Some mats were also moved that were left from the last owner. They were rotten and apparently had a wire sticking out, which I discovered after it poked a hole through the bottom of my foot and out the side on Derby Day.
A proper response? My inclination is to build a very tall fence, which sounds good, except that I'm a bit short on funds. If I say something to them, I know I will be the source of much gossip. They may also try to retaliate. One idea is to make friends with their neighbors who put up the fence, to learn more about who they used, etc. Neighbors will be very upset if I put up a fence as they complained about their neighbor who put up the fence. Their front door faces the side of their neighbor's house, and their back door faces the side of mine. So, their front door does not face the street. They go back to FL for the winter in December through April. I figure I can make some headway in that time. I need to get the surveyor out to just know what the boundaries are, and well, I need to win the lottery, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment