Saturday, July 7, 2012

3*2*1. 6-30-12


It’s the countdown. Some days I feel like I’m counting down the hours.  Knowing that I’ll have help brings some sanity. I was pretty beat by the time yesterday afternoon rolled around. After my helper and I did some work on trim in the living room and with all of the heat (fortunately my helper weathered most of that), I had done enough work for the day. However, Boop was well-rested at that point, after sleeping for a few hours, and was fussy most of the afternoon. Or is it really called ‘fussy’ if she’s wailing? At one point, I just sat there and cried with her for a few minutes. And then I pulled myself out of it and decided that I would feed her a little early, just to distract ourselves from our mood.  She got one less bottle yesterday, I reasoned, so maybe it wasn’t a bad thing. Was I using food as a coping mechanism? I also tried a pacifier, again, which she chewed on a bit—more on the outside of it than the nipple part. When I put the nipple part in her mouth, she would shoot it out.

And so Mom gets here next week.  Just having some variety helps Boop, I think. She needs lots of distraction. I’m pretty boring, I think. A baby can only get so many kisses on the forehead and rub so many noses :) And prancing around to swing music with an 18lb baby is not the easiest thing to do for very long. Hopefully, I can find some sort of chair that will be easier on Mom’s back. We will have a few days, if we can get motivated in this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment