Friday, July 27, 2012

‘This too… 7-22-12

…shall pass’. A friend of mine from high school, M, writes the blog: “I’m Living the Good Life,” and her friend and her have decided to write about sayings that ring true to them on Sundays, ‘Sunday Sayings.’ While I won’t duplicate their efforts, the saying in the title of this blog post rings very true to me. Yesterday was a hard day. Boop was upset and screaming a fair bit. I was working with my helper on the house, and Boop missed her nap.




All sorts of craziness crossed my mind. ‘What was I thinking about trying to be a single mom?’ ‘I need to find a job back home now. I can’t manage her by myself.’ ‘Mom can’t manage her either. Maybe someone else can manage her.’ She had been screaming non-stop for I don’t know how long by the point of the last conclusion. Then, I thought, ‘Hm, if I can’t handle her like this, they may not be able to either. I don’t want anyone to hurt her.’ And I talked to Mom in the afternoon, “I don’t know what you’re going to do with her. It just doesn’t seem right. She shouldn’t cry like that. There must be something wrong with her. She seems like she’s hurting.” We couldn’t think of any babies that could be as unhappy as Boop when she gets started.

No comments:

Post a Comment