Thursday, July 26, 2012

Taking Stock at Boop's Week 27. 7-26-12

Here's what's going on at Boop's week 27:
  • Although we have the ear infection cleared up, it looks like Boop could potentially have another UTI. We're only on the prophylactic antibiotics now, but we should hear on Saturday if we need to move to treatment. I'm dreading another course, and I know she must be. She's had some other symptoms, like vomiting all over me and folks at daycare a few times. Not sure if that is viral or what.
  • I'm having mixed success with TV watching. Some days are better than others. At least the TV is being turned off, but it may be too much with all of the other stress. Plus, the Andy Griffith marathons and then the Olympics coming up is not something I can pass up.
  • Sleeping is still a mixed bag. She often manages to sleep for about 3-3.5 hours in her portable crib before waking. It takes me a bit of time to get her settled back down, but then she might get another 2-3 hour stretch in. I'm thankful for those nights.
  • Fortunately, I'm managing to lose weight. I'm about 5 lbs from where I was pre-pregnancy, but I had gained about 5 lbs. then. Hopefully, I can continue to lose 10 lbs. Otherwise, I can't say much. My hair is fried, my skin is ashy, and my eyes look saggy. The skin/hair problems I can't do much about at this point <the meds are not good for nursing>, but I'll probably ask my primary care doc to check me for anemia.
  • Winnie is still scratching and peeing on the floor. It's really getting to me. She's getting in the habit of roaming in the night and waking me and the baby up. It's a bit tricky for us to manage walks, and she doesn't really want to be out in the heat or the rain. I tried benadryl, which didn't last long that I could tell. I'll have to try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment