Friday, July 20, 2012

A Day at the Office. 7-14-12


On Wednesday, when I went to pick up Boop a bit early, they said it hadn’t been a good day. They said Boop would be playing and then all of the sudden would just scream. After our walk, Boop just cried and cried and cried. So, I called the doctor with Boop screaming in the background. They told me to come on in. I proceeded to take her to the clinic in the next town, kicking and screaming (more screaming than kicking). This time we got a diagnosis from the NP: another ear infection. More antibiotics. At least we know now.
The Boss
The daycare doesn’t allow a child if she had just started antibiotics in the past 24 hrs. Technicality: Boop is always on antibiotics. I thought she was okay in the morning but was talking to U who said I don’t bring her to the office enough.  When I went to check on Boop at lunch, I decided I would just go ahead and bring her to the office with me.

They couldn’t believe how much she’s grown and changed. A few folks wanted to hold her, to my relief. Boop actually did alright. She got a bit fussy when she needed to have a nap, and I did have to do some one-handed typing. However, she did pretty well overall and wasn’t too disruptive. Of course, I was exhausted, especially not getting so much sleep, but we managed okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment