Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Appetite. 9-22-11

Fortunately, I was able to go back to sleep for about an hour this morning, but yesterday was a different story. I woke up at 3:30 am and came downstairs about 4:30 am. I watched TV on the couch and tried to go back to sleep. The only thing that was going through my head was scrambled eggs. The longer I laid there, the more I thought... Some biscuits would be good. And I have some smoked sausage and a pepper left over from the farmer's market. So about 5 am, I was chopping and whisking and mixing. Come 5:30 am as it was almost ready, I suddenly thought, "Hm. I'm not hungry now." But of course, I ate it anyway ;) I don't need to be hungry to eat.
It seems like I get that yucky feeling after I eat something sweet. I had a left over biscuit this morning with a bit of honey, and I started to feel worse. Not sure when they will be testing me for gestational diabetes, but I have a few risk factors. If anything, my slight pregnancy aversion to sweets may be helpful in the case of diabetes. My blood pressure has been good so far, thank goodness. Hypertension is a risk factor for gestational diabetes. The symptoms for gestational diabetes are so vague and sound a lot like just being pregnant. So, I'm just going to have to wait to see what happens. They should be testing me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment