Thursday, September 15, 2011

At Sixes and Sevens. 9-12-11



It's still a little big for Boop, yet...
On the Friday before Labor Day weekend, A had asked if my mom was excited and if she had started to get things for the baby. No, I responded. Things have been so difficult with the pregnancy, that I've been hesitant to do anything. Mom arrived. Come to find out, she's already in the process of getting a couple of car seats, a pack'n'play, and a bouncy seat. Alright. And she said that she was going to keep them at her house for the baby. Alright.
After the long Labor Day weekend, L stopped by my office. 'I found something for you when I was shopping in Boston, for the baby.' That was so sweet :) She brought it in the next day in its fancy box and wrapping. It was a long sleeved top with a little puppy on it. Everyone ooo'ed and awed. Adorable. U noted that in India, no one would buy anything for the baby until after the baby was born; it's bad luck. We typically wait for the shower until about a month before. Folks have been trying to figure out a day for a shower, and my mom convinced me that after Thanksgiving would be okay, that it's only about 6 weeks early.
And then, I'm hearing that 2 out of 3 of my colleagues who have had babies in the past couple of weeks have had c-sections. And then, I'm reading that several folks were put on bedrest or otherwise didn't have energy to take care of baby stuff (e.g., putting together a crib) when they were in their 3rd trimester. Although I am superstitious, the thought of everything being 'at sixes and sevens' and my nesting instinct has pushed me to try to make some preparations. So, I spent the weekend looking at bookcases and cribs. And I'm trying to get the house in proper order for the baby and in case I should have visitors after the baby is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment