Monday, September 26, 2011

Hand Off. 9-20-11

I was watching "How I Met Your Mother" last night, and the couple announced they were pregnant. They were going out of their way to play with babies. I can't say that I have gone out of my way to play with little ones at this stage in my pregnancy. Why? Well, if all goes well in January, I'll have plenty of cute baby time :) And, doing this alone, I'll be looking for opportunities for a hand off--not that I'll love Boop any less--just that I will probably need a break here and there.
I guess I've had as much practice as anyone else who has a first baby. It started when I was toddling. Of course, at that time, my motherly qualities weren't optimal. The dolls were as big as me, and I dragged them behind me by their feet. My first doll was given to me by my great aunt R and uncle J. There's a large bald spot on the back of the doll's head from all of my affection and attention.
I worked in the nursery at various churches over time, and I started working at a daycare when I was age 17. They saw me coming. They gave me the 2 year old room <cringe>. I swore that if I ever had a child that I would never have a 2 year old, that my child would skip that year. I had nightmares that the kids were running over me in my bed, mocking me, "Miss K, Miss K, take me to the office! Put me in the corner! Miss K, Miss K!" One had a little lisp, and I can still hear her "Mith K, Mith K!!" I guess I better get used to that in some shape or form... "MOM-MEEEEE, MOM-MEEEE!" I have a feeling that my Boop will be into everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment