Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rock City. 9-17-11

I'm recovering. I've been fighting a bit of morning sickness for the better part of the day. By the time I made it to the picnic, I was about to just dig into my cake. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait too long today, and oh my goodness, the homemade Indian food! I ate and ate and ate. Many things I hadn't seen and tried before. The joke is that the students can't get into the program unless they are good cooks :) It's good to see that this new crop is holding up to the standard.

So, after dinner, the students started talking about hiking. I was wondering how it would work with me being pregnant. I knew the Rock City trail and thought that they might like it. However, I haven't been walking like I used to; so I didn't know if I could manage it. They were kind enough to let me go in front, and I think we set a good pace. The rock formations were quite nice, and they stopped to get pix. We emerged from the rock formations to link into the other trails, but I couldn't find the blaze on the trees quickly enough. I think the students were getting a bit nervous; so we just followed the trail back and went the way we came. Unfortunately, I began to realize on the way back why I had such an easy time going... it was all downhill... which means it was uphill all the way back... Between eating such a big meal and the 2 mile hike, I was having to take little breaks to catch my breath. Fortunately, I wasn't the only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment