Thursday, November 17, 2011

Anothah Day. 11-12-11

In research studies, they've looked at the stress of major life events (like death, divorce, and such) vs. having a lot of daily hassles (like traffic, annoying sounds, and such). They find that both can have just as bad an effect on health. I will be glad when this day of many hassles is over. It started out innocently enough, with my typical inability to sleep, starting on the couch, moving to my bed, and then back to my couch. This was complemented by my very large bump making it hard to maneuver. Later this morning, I got a call from the person to mud my drywall, and I was hoping to have this all out of the way soon. So, then one of my helpers came by to finish hanging the drywall that they didn't finish on Thursday. Unfortunately on Thursday, they chose the wrong sized drywall from the shed, and they had already spent quite a bit of time getting it cut to fit the stairs. So today, I was about to help one of my helpers screw in the last piece of drywall only to see that the drywall was too thick <cringe>. I was so upset that I decided it best to send her home. A total waste of time and money. I really wanted to get the drywall dust out of the way before I do serious housecleaning for baby. With all of the things that haven't gone well lately, I feel like I'm hemorhaging money.
And so for dinner, I picked split pea soup because it has a pretty good amount of iron. I thought I could give it a little boost by making fried cornbread in my cast iron skillet. How many times have I made fried cornbread? I can't say, but to say 50 times would be reasonable. Somehow, I put way too much milk in the batter. Basically, I wound up with a mess that took a long time to cook, part of it burned, and the cornbread was gummy :( At 7:30pm, I'm ready to call it a day. Maybe I need to go to bed a few times and wake up with a fresh start tomorrow. "After all, tomorrah is..."

No comments:

Post a Comment