Friday, November 18, 2011

Black Thursday? 11-13-11

I heard Winnie snoring like an old man and looked over at her. She's sleeping with her little paws covering her eyes! I can't tell you how adorable she looks. I just can't bring myself to take a photo of her. She'd wake up before I even got the photo finished anyway. We spent a bit of time at the dog park today. Fortunately, there weren't any big dogs to jump on me. I wish I had more energy to give her more attention, but she did get a lot of good outdoors time with it being warm. I'm wondering what will happen when I go into labor and have to go to the hospital and what those few days and weeks after birth will be like. How am I going to keep baby and dog content? Not very well, initially.

In Bloom: 'Tis the season for the 'Christmas' cactus
I did manage a trip out to both of the sheds. I tried to reach the drywall for my stairs, but it was jammed in there. Although I was able to move some of the pieces of drywall, I couldn't get to the pieces that are the size I needed and will need some help. Also, I was able to get into my other shed to start to think about Christmas stuff. I guess I'll miss out on a lot of family Christmas stuff this year, as I won't be able to make it back home. Travel is getting really tough for me. So, I'll have to get Christmas presents together early, as it will be too much to try to mail. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some shopping done over the Thanksgiving holiday but not on Thanksgiving day itself. Mom and I have enjoyed the crazy day-after-Thanksgiving sales, but I'm not very comfortable with them starting on Thanksgiving day... It takes a lot of the fun out of shopping when you think about people having to miss time with their family on Thanksgiving, just to get a Barbie doll for $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment