Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rude Awakening. 11-16-11

Well, I'm wide awake now. It's 6am, and I have load of clothes in the washer and a load of dishes in the dishwasher. I was going through my mail, and I'm about to give birth to a cow. I'm trying to keep calm because I don't want to also give birth to Boop at 30 weeks... I just got a letter from my county assessor. They were kind enough to send me the appraised value of my house for 2012. Oh my heavens!! More speedbumps. Not literally, of course.
The appraised value of my home went up 140%!! And that means my taxes for my house are going to skyrocket. That means my very modest house has gone up, according to their appraised value, by over $80,000 from the amount that I paid!! I'm in shock. I'd love to see my house get that, but I just don't see it. And my first thought is to lawyer up. This is so unfair. My heavens, I've got daycare to pay for. How am I going to manage this? I was just starting to take a breath because I almost have my car paid off (should be done in January). How do they expect people to live here? I have no idea how this will affect my taxes, but I can only expect it will and increase it by 140%.
To add insult to injury, the notification was sent November 14th, and I have to reply to them by November 30th. At least 1-2 days for mail delivery of the notification in town. Okay, 2 weeks, not a lot of time. That's obnoxious. So, you have 10 business days to respond. AND, they are only available from 9am-4pm... But then, you have to figure that November, big holiday... Thanksgiving. Yep. You know county offices will be closed at least 3 of those business days, leaving 7. Seven days to respond. Pretty poor, pretty poor. If anyone has any advice, I could sure use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment