Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Bad, Bad Thing. 10-28-11

I did a bad, bad thing. I shopped. For Boop. I bought clothes. I kind of feel like God might strike me down... or something might happen to Boop. You know what happens to people who are too prideful, assuming they can control the future. Well, I'm just working with probabilities. Hopefully, everything will work out. There's another issue with me buying clothes: baby showers. Heaven knows, I've gotten some lovely things already, and it's likely that Boop will get some more adorable clothes in the future. My family has shown amazing self-restraint so far. I got a little pink beanie from my aunt D, and my mom got a Grandma onesie from my cousins when they 1st heard I was pregnant.
I had been so good with Zulily. I would look and not buy. But today, I saw an adorable black and white sleeper that I couldn't resist.

If only I had stopped at that. I had to get myself the shirt to match. And then there were the beanies. Boop had to have the beanie to match. As much as Mom was worried by my lack of hair as an infant, I will be able to save her the concern by keeping Boop's head covered and assuring her there is hair underneath :) And then I decided, that yes, beanies were a very good idea, and they had one with an adorable red flower.

Of course, I had to have one of those, too. And then there was an outfit with a pink puffer jacket and a matching pink tutu. And I'm hoping that Boop will be able to wear them and imagining what she may look like in my mind. I got a pretty good look at her in the ultrasound a few weeks ago. But I have no idea about the status of her hair.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely buy stuff. Buying stuff means you believe it's going to happen, you're going to be a mom. Nothing wrong with believing. When I was trying to get pregnant I was afraid to buy anything and I had a friend who was also trying to get pregnant and she was stocking a nursery already. I told her ab out my superstitions and she said, "I know that one way or another I'm going to be a mother, so I may as well start getting ready." And that day I went out and bought two winne-the-pooh onesies and laid them on top of my dresser. I was pregnant with a keeper two weeks later. Buy, buy, buy. You are going to be a mother, so you may as well prepare for it. And anything you don't need you can happily hand down to the next soon-to-be-mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts, Barb. I've been enjoying your blog. It's so much fun to shop for little ones! Of course, I didn't feel guilty enough not to shop ;)

    ReplyDelete