Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's Ba-ack. 11-11-11

I wasn't supposed to go for my next midwife visit until Monday, but I called Thursday. They were able to work me in this morning. Of course, I was late. I'm moving so slow! After nearly a month <I told the midwife it had been a couple of weeks>, I finally got tired of feeling bad and waking up with junk coming out of my nose and mouth. She put me on antibiotics and told me a bunch of other over-the-counter stuff to take.
When the sudafed took effect, I started feeling better. Just in time too, because I had meetings all afternoon. Looking back, I made some dumb choices about food today without thinking. I had a bit of sugar in my oatmeal to take with my meds, I had some candy corn left in my desk that I had for a snack, and then, after lunch, I had a starlight mint. Perhaps this sounds somewhat innocuous, but for someone who just got over thrush from her last round of antibiotics, it was really not a bright idea. I went to the bathroom before leaving work and noticed white on my tongue... That means: more acidophylis pills, lots of yogurt, and very little sugar. Thrush. At least it's not gestational diabetes!

No comments:

Post a Comment