Saturday, November 5, 2011

Taking Stock at Week 28. 10-31-11

Here's what's happening at Week 28:
  • No gestational diabetes :) That's a huge relief! Well, that was the good news that the midwife started her call with. The bad news: anemia. I can deal. I should be able to manage with 2 iron pills a day. I dread having to go back on colace, but it's WAY better than having to stick myself 4 times a day to monitor glucose. The anemia explains plenty: my perpetual craving for red meat, fatigue, etc.
  • Otherwise, not a lot of new stuff. The pregnancy sites mostly say that Boop is gaining weight and getting longer. Her lungs should be able to breathe with a little assistance. Basically, she's got a pretty good shot of making it :) She's certainly a strong kicker, with much endurance!
  • Uncomfortable. I have trouble getting situated. And I just want to eat and eat and eat, but then my tummy doesn't feel quite right. I'm tired. I hope I don't have to stay up late to manage class prep and trick-or-treaters. I haven't decided if I'm going dress my bump. Maybe I should have a little nap?
  • Slight nose bleeds. I suspect that it's just a bit too dry for me. My skin is always dry. I love having the fireplace going, but I probably should compensate for the dryness in the air. I guess the dryness won't hurt Boop, and I can't really blame it for the anemia.

No comments:

Post a Comment