Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Rainy Shower. 11-21-11

It's nearly 6am, and I'm almost caught up on the events of the weekend. Winnie is laying here on the couch at great aunt M's, and I'm envious of her snoring away. I will definitely need a nap this afternoon! Fortunately, the pain in my hips has subsided, but I've been thinking about breakfast for a few hours now. Frisch's has a drive through, thank goodness. I can load up on protein there. Along with a trip to the grocery, one of my other tasks for today is getting stamps and getting caught up on writing thank you notes. Then there will be the need to track down addresses, but I'll focus on the main tasks at hand.
Yesterday was my (Boop's) first baby shower, with my mom's side of the family. My mom was quite frantic in the morning; there was a fair bit of drama over the cake. Since I've been pregnant, I haven't had much of a taste for sweet, but she was determined that I be able to eat some anyway and let herself get a bit too stressed about it. In the end, it was fine, and in spite of the chaos until the time of the event and the dreary, messy weather, the shower went off without a hitch. We ate. Aunt D got us some good barbecue, which was a hit with Boop and me :) We played games. Mom brought my Susie doll for the clothes pin game, and I was checking out the clothes on the line. I had assumed they were for my cousin, but it turns out, they were all mine (well, for Boop) :) I opened packages. So many neat things and pretty clothes and accessories, things I hadn't seen before. And of course, there was Minnie Mouse. Homemade goodies, Minnie Mouse blankies and ribbons, which we will enjoy. What a lucky little girl my Boop is to be getting so many precious things! Boop's aunties D and M (and grandma--and her other aunties and friends) really went out of their way to make a special day for us :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment