Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Little Dumplin'. 11-21-11

Time to get caught up on all of the events of the past few days. It's 4:30am, and I'm starting to get sleepy again. So, let's see. Saturday was action-packed. First, Thanksgiving at my great aunt D's. Mom had taken my lactose-free milk over to my great aunt D's the night before. I had home-made dumplin's and mashed potatoes just like everyone else. I admitted to great aunt D that I had been wanting her dumplin's for so long, and well, sorry to hurt anyone's feelings, but no one else's dumplin's seem to compare! They aren't gummy or cakey-fluffy, no matter how many you eat. Just right ;) So, I was a little spoiled. I think I'm going to have to go up to great aunt D's and just figure out the texture of the biscuit/dumplin' dough; so that I will know when the ingredients are right!
So, there were heaps of folks. I'm guessing close to 50 people again, but not having to rush home, I was able to enjoy folks' company for a while. I know I probably sound like a broken record, but I hope I do so well at 89. She's made of tougher stuff :) But I guess she has so much to live for, so many people that love her and appreciate her. We should all be so lucky to live a life where we can enjoy doing for others, to have our heads clear and our minds focused on the right things. Hopefully, I can impart this to Boop, but it will be challenging with us living so far away. She's certainly been dragged along to the homeless shelter enough, but she doesn't seem to mind too much ;) Thank heavens, we're on the easy end of being at the shelter. And, though we may not be near family, I'm fortunate to have friends that are pretty well grounded, and I know they'll be good influences.

No comments:

Post a Comment