Thursday, November 3, 2011

Snow. 10-29-11

Boop's first snow. I don't know if it will accumulate, but it's pretty to watch falling. It's not even Halloween, yet, and there are still plenty of leaves on the trees. I'm nice and cozy on the couch, watching the news with the big snows in the mountains, the gas fireplace is going steady, and I'm sipping cocoa. They haven't told me I have gestational diabetes; so, I'm just going to assume it's okay. After all, Boop needs the calcium ;) And she sure gets busy when she gets something to eat. The midwife said, "You know, activity in the womb is predictive of activity after their born." Um, yeah. In spite of my arthritis and age, I'll manage. I smiled and said, "Well, I guess it's better than the alternative. I'd be most concerned if she wasn't active. In genetic counseling, that wasn't a good sign." She agreed.
About a half hour from here, they're expecting 6-8 inches. It cracks me up that they refer to the area just east of here as "the mountain counties." Well, what do you call the place where I live? Granted, my lot is one of the flattest in town, but the whole place is in the mountains! I'm certainly nervous about folks coming through the mountains in January for little Boop. Let's just hope the interstates stay in good condition.
For the most part, I'm hoping that I can just relax at home this weekend after my last 2 crazy weekends. On the agenda, a trip to the grocery and Lowe's, a big pot of chili, work on the stairs and drywall, and pumpkin bread-making with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment