Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Almost There. 5-25-12


She knew she needed to do something. Boop just doesn’t quite have it, yet. Mom has been trying to get Boop to reach for her Grandma to pick her up. One of Boop’s daycare teachers, Miss T, said that her mother made her daughter reach before picking her up; she learned because she had to. I’m not sure if it’s developmentally appropriate for Boop at 4 months. When the pediatrician asked if she was reaching, I responded that, yes, she reaches for things, but no, she doesn’t reach for people. The pediatrician didn’t expect that she would. So, I’m not so concerned. I still reach and give her a chance to reach, in case she will.
Reaching for her bottle

One thing I’ve noticed that she’s done for a while, she will arch her back when she wants to be picked up. However, a few days ago, she did something that I thought was pretty clever. I leaned over on the futon to pick her up, and instead of reaching out to me, she spread her arms straight out and away from her body, in the shape of a T and looked at me expectantly. Why the shape of a T? I thought about it. Whenever I pick her up, I slide my hands under her arms by her shoulder blades to give her neck a bit of support. And what happens to her arms?…Wait for it… They move in the shape of T. Coincidence? I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment