Thursday, May 10, 2012

Party Time. 5-5-12



Photos I found from a few weeks ago...

One of the students graduated, and the other students were having a party for him. It was in the middle of the week during grading; so some of the faculty wasn’t able to attend. I thought it would be good to get the baby out, and the students like to see her.  So, after daycare, I got her ready to head back out.

They had us in a separate room from the rest of the restaurant, and it was a bit warm. The students took turns making silly faces <Wish I had a camera because it would be pretty good blackmail ;)> and holding her. Boop was smiling, giggly, and friendly; she did very well. She especially loved the red balloons. We played games while waiting for the food, but about an hour later, we were all wondering where our food was. I was getting antsy because Boop was getting fussy. I tried to give her a little of a bottle she had left over, but she really wasn’t interested in it. Not long after someone went to check on the food, they brought it out. Boop was hungry and fussy; so we excused ourselves, and I tried to find a quiet place to nurse.

We wound up out in the hall, and I draped her blanket over us. We were cooking, and I was getting dehydrated. Boop was struggling, and we were both a bit frustrated. I decided that we should head home, and L helped me to my car. It was so nice to come home to a cool house, and we got ready for bed. Not long after we had settled in, there was a knock on the door. It was U with some of the students bringing Boop a huge bunch of the helium balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment