Thursday, May 3, 2012

Traveling. 4-29-12


Friday, I had a new helper over. He’s younger than most of my previous helpers, but he stayed on task well enough. I would have liked to have given him more direction, but I was trying to get us ready for the trip. Mom’s birthday was Friday, and we were going to try to meet her about midway on Saturday. My aunt D was also going to join her. I was very nervous about traveling a couple of hours with Boop alone and then trying to manage Winnie on top of it.

I haven’t even so much as gone to the grocery this week; so I didn’t have a chance to get my mom a present. She wasn’t interested in anything on amazon, but I had a gift in mind. Getting ready for the trip, I knew I had to limit the amount of running I did in the morning before leaving. The bank and gas station were the minimum. By the time I got to putting air in the tires, Boop was wailing.

Once the car started going again, she was fine. In fact, I heard nary a peep from her for the nearly 2.5 hours of the trip. I was hoping Mom and Aunt D would be there when I arrived in case she let go of all of that energy, but they were a half hour away. I went on to the hotel, let Winnie tinkle, and then nursed Boop until they arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment