Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Fussin’ and a Feudin’. 5-21-12


I saw a little of my Paw-Paw. It was quite unexpected. My mom and I have a history of bickering. When it’s just the two of us together without a buffer, we start to nitpick. It’s worse the longer we’re together. So, a couple of days we can usually manage, but a week, well, things tend to escalate. As Fran said on the Nanny, “The big cats can’t share a cage.”

My Paw-Paw used to live with us in our house when I was a little girl. He we a big fella, and I would fall asleep on his shoulder, which he loved. And when my parents would argue, he would always distract me and try to make me happy. He could be a little ornery at times and would like to make a bit of mischief now and then, but/and he had me pretty good and spoiled. He was pretty good about figuring out a way for me to get out of being punished.  

And so Mom and I were arguing about something or other, I don’t remember. I thought she didn’t hear me; she thought I was lying about something. And then in a flash, I thought, ‘We’re arguing in front of Boop. This can’t be a good thing.’ Boop was nursing and about that time, she looked up at me, she gave me a big grin with an almost/probably wicked twinkle in her eye, and then she went back to nursing like nothing happened. My Paw-Paw would have adored her, especially her sometimes devilish little giggles. My angelic little imp!

No comments:

Post a Comment